Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By DD Team
KUCHING, Jan 29: After being ‘off radar’ for almost three decades to focus on his legal practice, family and hobbies in the highlands, former Bukit Mas MP Datuk Mutang Tagal came back as president of the Orang Ulu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OUCCI).
With the official launching on Feb 10, he told Dayakdaily in a ‘Spot On’ interview session that OUCCI was established to be more specific in helping the Orang Ulu entrepreneurs so that they can be on par with other communities when Sarawak becomes a high-income state by 2030.
Among other topics discussed during the session are:
- 23 initial supreme council members elected from different ethnic groups to cover all diversities
- Effective strategies are in planning to cater for ethnic groups with different levels of developments
- Orang Ulu are there in the administration of the states, politics, business and civil services
- GPS’ prodigal son—Ba’Kelalan must come home, says Mutang
- Ba’Kelalan should not miss its chances for development allocations from Sarawak government again for another term
- Mutang urges people of Ba’Kelalan to support the government of the day to enjoy allocations for development
- Mutang: GPS can win the Ba’Kelalan seat provided they pick a winnable candidate in upcoming state election
- Judge not the tree but the fruit it bears, says former MP
‘Spot On’ is expected to be aired regularly, so stay tuned to Dayakdaily.com for more.—DayakDaily