KUCHING, March 16: Rise of Sarawak Efforts (ROSE) has announced that the “Youth and Employment in Sarawak: Opportunity or Challenge” forum is cancelled.
The NGO, in a press statement, said it regretted to inform that the forum scheduled for tonight had been cancelled and the media would be given a new date in due course.
Despite so, ROSE will hold a press conference to explain the matter tonight.
ROSE has been making arrangements for Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) information chief Dato Idris Buang and Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC) Sarawak secretary Andrew Lo to meet and discuss employment issues in the chat forum.
The forum was to feature the duo discussing and sharing their views on the challenges and issues plaguing youths and job-seekers in Sarawak and what needs to be done by the respective parties and stakeholders to address them.
ROSE chairwoman Ann Teo told a press conference on March 11 that it would be part of its series of bi-monthly chat forums to enable free and open discourse on issues.
The purpose, according to Teo, was to educate citizens and voters on exercising their democratic rights.
The event was initially slated to be held at Summer Mall in Kota Samarahan at 7.30 pm. — DayakDaily