Gasoline spill leads to fire at house along Jalan Serian-Mongkos

The burnt MPV at the porch.

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.

SERIAN, Nov 10: A father and daughter have suffered first degree burns following a fire accident at their house at Jalan Serian-Mongkos yesterday.

The Sarawak Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) operation center said an emergency call was received at 7.23pm and a team of 11 firefighters was deployed to the scene.

The incident occurred at the victims’ porch area where a multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) was parked.

According to Bomba, there was a power outage in the area and the victims were lighting candles as an alternative light source.

It was believed that the gasoline spill caught fire from one of the candles, leading to a fire in the car porch area.

The daughter suffers first degree burns on left leg.

Medical personnel at the scene reported that the father had suffered a 20 per cent burns in his arm and chest areas while the daughter sustained 30 per cent burns on the left leg.

The fire was put out by the Kampung Bunan Gega voluntary firemen who they proceeded to carryout for an inspection on the surrounding areas to ensure the situation was completely safe.  — DayakDaily