Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
Editor’s note: The story has been amended to show the fire broke out at Kanowit Hospital, and not as previously stated.
KANOWIT, April 16: A malfunctioning freezer motor caused a fire to break out in the Kanowit Hospital mortuary today.
Sarawak Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) in a statement disclosed the emergency call was received at 2.10pm and a team of firefighters from Bomba Kanowit were rushed to the location.
“The operation commander reported that the flames started after a freezer motor in the mortuary malfunctioned and ignited,” the statement revealed.
Firefighters managed to bring the fire under control, and estimated the damage caused was 15 per cent. — DayakDaily