Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
KUCHING, May 4: Court hearings will resume in stages starting May 13.
However, services such as registration offices, local counters and Commissioners of Oaths resume operations starting today.
A statement from the Chief Registrar of the Federal Court dated yesterday disclosed that the directive came from Chief Justice Tan Sri Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat, following the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) as announced by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin on May 1.
“Covid-19 case management guidelines and case management standard during the period of the (CMCO) and post-MCO will be issued soon,” reads the statement.
It added that the Court shall ensure that guidelines issued by the National Security Council, the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Public Service Department will be adhered to as a precautionary measure to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic in conducting the operation of the Court.
“All parties dealing with the Court are requested to comply with the directives and guidelines issued by the Court, NSC and MOH,” he added.
For more information:
· the Federal Court may be reached via email at email@example.com or telephone number (03-8880 3561);
· Appeals Court at firstname.lastname@example.org (03-8880 4045);
· High Court at email@example.com (03-8880 3704);
· High Court of Sarawak and Sabah at firstname.lastname@example.org (088-286100); lower courts may be reached via at email@example.com (03-8880 9418);
· lower courts of Sarawak and Sabah at firstname.lastname@example.org (082-442228); and
· media and corporate communication at email@example.com (03-8880 4607).