KUCHING, April 9: Works Minister Baru Bian has not changed his mind but is still in favour of individual survey of native customary rights (NCR) land.
He reiterated that this was also the stand of Pakatan Harapan (PH) Sarawak.
The Selangau MP-cum-Ba’ Kelalan assemblyman issued a statement today to make his stand clear because a report has gone viral claiming that he was now in favour of perimeter survey instead of survey for individual title under Section 18 of the Sarawak Land Code.
Baru highlighted that before the change of government on May 9 last year, federal government funding for perimeter survey was used to survey NCR lands under Section 6 of the Sarawak Land Code.
The Pakatan Harapan federal government, on the other hand, had allocated RM40 million this year for a special programme focussed on Sarawak’s Bumiputera.
“Of the RM40 million, a grant of RM21.5 million is reserved specifically for the survey of NCR lands.
“On March 18, 2019, at the Mesyuarat Majlis Tindakan Negeri Sarawak which I chaired, I had made it very clear that the said grant of RM21.5 million will be used to survey individual titles under Section 18 and not for perimeter survey under Section 6 of the Sarawak Land Code,” he said.
Hence, Baru emphasised that his stand on this issue had not changed. — DayakDaily