KUCHING, Nov 22: Bandar Kuching MP Dr Kelvin Yii condemns the act of sending threats to schools and institutions of education nationwide including one school in Kuching.
He called upon the police and all relevant authorities to take all necessary actions and conduct a thorough investigation on this matter to trace and detect the source of these threats.
He said the fullest weight of the law must come upon these irresponsible quarters who threaten the safety and security of children.
“On top of the 11 schools in the Klang Valley, Penang that were reported to receive such threat, today we also received news of another of such threat in a school in Bandar Kuching.
“I am in contact with the management of the school and they have responded and are working closely with the authorities well to guarantee the safety and security of the students and staff of the school. They have done a sweep of the school and so far no of such threats has been found,” said Dr Yii in a press statement today.
He said additional steps will continue to be taken to ensure the safety and security of the students.
“Such act is highly irresponsible as schools are supposed to be the safest place for our students to learn and to grow. Not only is this act disruptive to the classes the students have to go through, but any act targeting the safety and security of our children is most despicable indeed,” said Dr Yii.
SMK Kuching High received an email saying that the safety of the students would be at risk at 3pm today. The police and bomb squad and special branch officers are currently at the school to monitor the situation.
The school has cancelled the schooling session for the day. — DayakDaily