Air conditioner believed to be source of fire near Sarawak General Hospital

Members of the public spotted smoke coming out of the building.

By Malcolm Lau

KUCHING, April 14: A building located near Sarawak General Hospital was damaged by fire earlier tonight.

The incident happened around 7pm. Members of the public spotted plumes of smoke coming out of the building and alerted the authorities.

According to a Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) report, it is believed the fire started from an air conditioner in the building and later spread to one of the kitchens located in the building.

The fire is believed to have started from an air conditioner before spreading to a kitchen in the building.

The firefighters who were called to the scene managed to bring the fire under control. No one was reported injured during the incident.


After ensuring the surroundings were secure, the firefighters returned to their station around 8.35pm. — DayakDaily