6 Sarawak districts Covid-19 case free today, others total 3,743 cases

Covid-19

Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.


By Ling Hui

KUCHING, Sept 11: Six districts in Sarawak namely Mukah, Dalat, Tanjung Manis, Matu, Daro, and Kabong have reported zero Covid-19 cases for the day, while the remaining 34 districts registered a total of 3,743 new cases, the second-highest record to date.

Of the total, 3,735 cases or 99.79 per cent were of Categories 1 and 2 with none or mild symptoms. The other eight cases or 0.21 per cent were patients in the serious Categories 3, 4 and 5, with lung infections and needing the help of breathing equipment.

On the breakdown of case severity, State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) reported 3,050 Category 1’s, 685 Category 2’s, one each of Category 3 and 4, and six cases of Category 5.

In terms of districts, Kuching remained the top with 1,405 cases in the past 24 hours, followed by Sibu (420), Bintulu (311), Samarahan (214), Bau (158), Sri Aman (146), and Miri (122).

Other districts that saw double-digit case numbers were Saratok (98), Betong (87), Simunjan (83), Lundu (75), Asajaya (74), Kapit (63), Serian (56), Sarikei (54), Song (46), Beluru (45), Pusa (39), Tebedu (33), Limbang (32), Belaga (27), Julau (22), Lawas (21), Subis (20), Lubok Antu (19), Selangau (18), Sebauh (15), Meradong (13), and Bukit Mabong (11).

The remaining districts with new infections included Kanowit (6), Pakan (4), Tatau (3), Marudi (2), and Telang Usan (1).

“Out of the 3,743  patients, 2,749 were detected following close contact screenings where 204 of them were symptomatic.

“Another 254 cases were of individual screenings from active clusters where 27 of them showed signs and symptoms of Covid-19 infection.

“Adding on, 447 cases were of symptomatic screenings, 293 cases were from other screenings in health facilities, and three were Import-B cases from Sabah and Kedah,” said SDMC in a statement on Covid-19 update today.

On the Covid-19 recovery rate, 2,760 patients were discharged from hospitals across Sarawak, so there remain 37,508 active cases in isolation or treatment. — DayakDaily