Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By Brad Rantayy
MIRI, April 1: A woman and her 10 month-old infant are safe after neighbours swiftly alerted the Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) when they spotted flames and smoke coming out from her Buddhist prayer room on Monday morning at a house in Jalan Akasia 5D.
According to sources, the woman was unaware that the prayer room had caught fire as she was still asleep inside the house.
Upon arrival at the scene after receiving the alert at 9.05am, a team of firefighters led by Abang Mohd Fahzil immediately knocked on the main door of the house multiple times and hit the door grill to alert the woman.
After a few minutes, the woman safely emerged with her 10 month-old infant.
The fire reportedly destroyed 60 per cent of the prayer room. No injuries or casualties were reported in the incident.
It is believed that the fire was caused by lighted incense that was forgotten. — DayakDaily