Unattended stove believed to have started Jalan Lada kitchen fire

An unattended stove is believed to be the cause of a fire at Jalan Lada.

SIBU, July 23: A fire in a kitchen of a house at Lorong 10, Jalan Lada here today is believed to have been caused by an unattended stove today.

The Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) operations centre received the emergency call at 6.33pm, alerting them to the fire.

A team of firefighters led by PBK II Yusup Tar from the Sibu fire station was despatched to the scene.


“It was reported that the house occupant managed to extinguish the fire before the arrival of firefighters. Initial investigations revealed that the occupant had left the stove unattended,” a statement from the operations centre revealed.

The fire did not affect any building structure and no injuries were reported. — DayakDaily