Sibu man to face legal action for violating quarantine order

Datuk Dev Kumar

KUCHING, May 25: Legal action will be taken by the Ministry of Health (MoH) against a 27-year-old man from Sibu for violating his quarantine order today.

Sarawak Deputy Police Commissioner Datuk Dev Kumar, in a statement, said the man who was ordered by the MoH to self quarantine until May 30, 2020, has made a posting in a social media platform of himself, eating at a coffee shop in Sibu Jaya this morning.

“A team of police personnel from Sibu police station went to the said coffee shop, after the man’s post has gained the public attention.

“After realising that the police are looking for him, the man turned himself at the Sibu police station,” he said today.

Dev added that the suspect, who works as a site supervisor in Kuala Lumpur, was previously quarantined in a hotel in Sibu after returning back from Kuala Lumpur on May 17, 2020. -DayakDaily.