Sibu, Kanowit and Selangau under tighter movement restrictions from April 22-26


SIBU, April 20: The whole of Sibu is now under special movement restriction from April 22 to 26 together with Kanowit and Selangau.

Previously only seven zones in Sibu consisting of Sukun/Lada, Mantis, Poh Yew, Bukit Lima, Tong Sang, Sibu town centre and Tiong Hua were under this restriction.

Sibu Divisional Disaster Management Committee chairman Wong Hee Sieng said in a press statement today that the restriction on the three zones is effective from 12.01am on April 22 to 11.59pm on April 26.

Under the standard operating procedures (SOPs) for this restriction, only essential services are allowed to operate with 50 per cent capacity from 6am to 8pm while other non-essential service sectors are not allowed to operate.

Wong said only three people are allowed in a car at one time while sporting and recreational activities are also not allowed.


Additionally religious activities must follow the SOPs set by the State religious authority for Islamic affairs and Unit for Other Religions (Unifor).

“Restaurants and eatery outlets are only allowed to accept takeaway and delivery [orders] as dine-in is prohibited,” he said. — DayakDaily