MIRI, Jan 10: Several roads leading to the Miri Court Complex will be closed to vehicles and traffic diverted in certain areas this Friday (Jan 13) to give way for the Opening of the Sarawak and Sabah Legal Year 2023 march.
Miri District Police chief ACP Alexson Naga Chabu, in a statement today, said the march will start from Pullman Hotel to the Miri Court Complex from 7.30am to 9.30am.
“The roads that are closed will be opened up once members of the legal fraternity march past the area.
“With that, the public, especially Mirians, are advised to plan their journey by taking alternative roads to avoid being caught up in traffic congestion during the road closure period,” he urged.
The roads affected are as below:
- Pullman roundabout – roads leading towards the city centre will be closed.
- Ambank traffic light – traffic will be diverted to Jalan Marina Utama.
- Maybank traffic light (Mega Hotel) – vehicles will be diverted to Jalan Royal (SRS Restaurant junction) and the road exiting to Jalan Sim Cheng Kay will be closed.
- Jalan South Yu Seng traffic light – Jalan Masjid junction will be closed and Jalan South Yu Seng will be diverted to Jalan Maju and road exiting to Jalan Maju will be closed.
- Jalan Sylvia traffic light – Jalan Rice Mill will be closed.
- Jalan Sylvia/Jalan Merdu – traffic from Kipas roundabout will be diverted to Jalan Persekutuan, and vehicles from Jalan Bintang heading towards Jalan Merdu will be diverted to Jalan Sim Song Chai.
Calling for public cooperation during the road closure period, Alexson requested that the public abide by police instruction to ensure that the event can be held safely and smoothly.
For more information, the public may contact Miri District Traffic Enforcement and Investigation Division at 085-433587. — DayakDaily