Saratok Internet centre damaged in morning fire

Smoke is seen billowing from the Internet centre in Saratok.

By Malcolm Lau

KUCHING, Aug 9: A two-storey building housing an Internet centre in Saratok caught fire this morning.

The Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) received the alert at 10.32am and a team was immediately deployed to the scene.

According to a statement from the State Bomba operations centre, 20 per cent of the building structure was damaged by the fire. The room on the ground floor of the building where the fire was, is used as a meeting room.

Firefighters managed to put out the fire not long after arriving at the scene. Bomba ended its operation at 10.50am once the situation and location were deemed safe. — DayakDaily