Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
BAU, Oct 17: A main switch box caught fire at a commercial unit here this afternoon.
The incident, which happened around 5pm today, was brought under control by the Bau Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) using two dry dust type fire extinguishers and two CO2 fire extinguishers.
After the electric supply was cut off by Syarikat SESCO Berhad, the firefighters put out the remaining fire using a 200-foot hose from the fire engine and prevented the fire from spreading.
The business was not open at the time of the incident and no casualties were reported. — DayakDaily