KUCHING, May 13: Other than the eight positive cases reported yesterday (May 12), there have been no further new cases related to the Konsortium Bumi Cluster in Kuching detected as of to date.
Konsortium Bumi Consultants and Services Sdn Bhd (Konsortium Bumi)’s management said when the first case involving an office staff was discovered on April 17, strict instructions and standard operating procedures (SOPs) by the Ministry of Health (MoH) were adhered to.
Office premises were immediately closed down and sanitised while all names of the staff members and their close contacts were submitted to the authorities.
On April 20 and 24 respectively, two more of its staff members tested positive for the virus after their second swab tests carried out at a local private hospital and the spouse of one of these two tested positive too, the management added.
“The last batch of positive cases related to our company was discovered on April 28 whereby another staff was diagnosed positive together with his wife and children. They were asymptomatic.
“As the health and safety of our staff and their family members are our top priority, we are constantly updating the numbers ourselves and as of to date, no further positive case had been reported in association with our company,” the company said in a statement today.
Expressing understanding of the general public’s fear and uneasiness regarding this cluster, the management gavea assurance that all necessary measures would be undertaken as long as required of them.
In a statement giving Covid-19 updates yesterday (May 12), the State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) reported that a total of 84 individuals related to the Konsortium Bumi Cluster have been screened where eight tested positive including the index case while the remaining 76 tested negative. — DayakDaily