Indonesian woman hospitalised after drinking weedkiller

Poison. — DayakDaily.com file pic. // Photo: Pixabay

MIRI, Oct 7: An Indonesian woman in her 30’s was reportedly warded in Miri Hospital after she mistakenly consumed weedkilller on Friday afternoon.

The incident occurred inside an oil palm plantation worker’s quarters in Permyjaya here.

Prior to the incident, the woman was said to have reached her quarters that afternoon around 12pm and went straight to the kitchen to have a glass of water.

However, it was believed that the bottle she had drank from had been used to store paraquat.

The victim was later discovered by other workers who saw her lying unconscious with foam in her mouth.


They immediately alerted their supervisor and rushed the woman to Miri Hospital.

As at press time, the woman was still being treated at hospital. — DayakDaily