Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
By DD Team
KUCHING, Sept 16: On this very day when the whole of Malaysia commemorates the establishment of its federation, ‘Spot On’ has the privilege of interviewing Minister of Domestic Trades and Consumer Affairs Datuk Alexander Nanta Linggi.
Over a cup of his favourite ‘Kopi-O Kosong’, Nanta brought Dayakdaily to look back in time on the formation of Malaysia through the eyes of his late grandfather, the great Tun Datuk Patinggi Temenggong Jugah Barieng who represented the Dayaks in convincing the British government to form Malaysia.
As the secretary-general of Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) and a member of the federal cabinet, Nanta also shared a few of his viewpoints on the rising expectations of Sarawakians towards a more developed State under the leadership of Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg.
Among the topics discussed during the 15-minute session are:
- Nanta is proud of Tun Jugah Barieng’s contribution leading to the formation of Malaysia back in 1963
- Tun Jugah Barieng would have been disappointed with today’s Malaysia as his visions of the nation were far ahead of the things that have been achieved today
- There are many developments in Malaysia, but just not entirely complete and to a satisfactory level
- Abang Jo before becoming the Chief Minister was doubted by many, but now he is leading the people towards a developed Sarawak by 2030
- Abang Jo as a ‘game changer’ will achieve his target in having a more developed Sarawak by 2030
- Nanta the ‘disciplined party man’ will consider his services in Kapit if GPS is ever in need of him
- Let’s celebrate a meaningful Malaysia Day despite the ups and downs of the year 2020
- Be a good Malaysian, don’t dwell on the differences that could bring negativity to the country
Together with the Kapit MP, Dayakdaily wishes all Malaysians a Happy Malaysia Day. —DayakDaily