Health DG advises public not to be complacent

Dr Noor Hisham fielding questions from the press.

KUCHING, April 18: Ministry of Health (MoH) director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah reminded the public to not be complacent and continue to comply with the authorities.

Dr Noor Hisham in a press conference today said MoH was concerned that the recent decrease in number of cases had been translated wrongly by the public.

“This would make them complacent, or even taking it easy on the Movement Control Order (MCO) enforcement period, thinking that the fight against the pandemic is over. But our fight is not over.

“As such, the ministry would like to advise the public to continue to comply with the authority’s directive, including practising social distancing and personal hygiene,” he said.

Dr Noor Hisham also said although the declining number of cases is a positive development, it is important that the public continue to stay at home to help curb the spread of the pandemic.


“MoH will continue to monitor the situation and any the public will be informed of any development regarding the situation from time to time,” he added. —DayakDaily.