Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
SARIKEI, May 27: A total of 30,750 people will receive financial assistance and handouts from the Sarawak government in conjunction with Hari Gawai Dayak, while another 15,626 will receive them in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
Minister of Welfare, Community Well-being, Women, Family and Childhood Development Dato Sri Fatimah Abdullah said the aid was to both ease the financial burden and to cheer the beneficiaries in view of the coming festive season.
She said this before presenting the financial assistance and handouts to 150 recipients during the ‘Sejambak Kasih Hari Gawai and Hari Raya Aidilfitri’ function here today.
Each invited recipient received RM100 cash and a hamper worth RM50. For the rest, the RM100 contribution would be credited to their respective accounts.
Fatimah said in the first four months of this year, the Sarikei Division Social Welfare Office distributed RM3,033,320 to 2,628 monthly beneficiaries.
The breakdown of recipients and aid expenses is as follows:
1. Old Folks Aid (BOT) – 913 people (RM 1,276,450)
2. Children’s Aid (BKK) – 534 people (RM392,150) and top up by state government (RM102,750)
3. General Aid (BA) – 516 people (RM408,720)
4. Disabled Worker Allowance (EPC)- 123 people (RM189,600)
5. Disabled/Chronic Disability Care Assistance (BPT) – 80 people (RM109,550)
6. Disabled People with Disabilities (BTB) – 462 people (RM461,750) and top up by state government (RM92,350). — DayakDaily