KUCHING, May 16: The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme participants must undergone a compulsory 14-day quarantine period upon their return to Malaysia.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said it has been agreed by the Ministry of Tourism, Art and Culture during a cabinet meeting to allow the members of the MM2H programme to return back to the country.
“However, there is a strict standard operating procedure (SOP) for them upon returning, whereby they must undergone a medical checkup at their originated country first, and after it was confirmed negative, then they will be allowed to fly back to Malaysia.
“After arriving in the country, they must also comply with the rule set, including the 14-day compulsory quarantine period set by the National Security Council and they must also bear the quarantine cost at their own expenses,” he said in a news conference here today.
Ismail Sabri also explained that they must be quarantined again because they were mixing with other individuals inside the plane, although they had already been tested negative.
On another note, Ismail Sabri revealed that the tourism agencies had been allowed to operate but only for their administration, marketing and sales, including for financial purpose.
According to him, the agencies are also allowed to provide their tourism packages to their customers, but as a preparation for when the government would allow the tourism activities to resume in the future.
“As of today, the tourism activities are still in the negative list. So we allow them to open up their offices too as we allow the government and private companies offices to be reopened,” he said. -DayakDaily.