Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
KUCHING, Oct 17: All foreigners and Malaysians who are non-Sarawakians must apply via enterSarawak to enter the State.
The Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) however, gives exemption to:
- federal civil servants serving in Sarawak. They, however, need to produce a confirmation letter from their Head of Department and a valid Work Permit (if applicable) before being allowed to board a flight or a vessel, or pass through an Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security Complex (ICQS) to enter Sarawak.
- Private sector employees originating from other states but are working in Sarawak. They are also required to show a confirmation letter from their employer and a valid Work Permit before being allowed to travel to Sarawak.
- Non-Sarawakians who are married to Sarawakians. They must produce a valid marriage certificate before being allowed to board a flight or a vessel or pass through an ICQS to enter the State.
- Sarawakian children born outside Sarawak. Documented proof such as a birth certificate is required to board a flight or a vessel, or pass through an ICQS to enter Sarawak.
- Malaysia My Second Home visa holders must produce documented proof such as visa passes before they are allowed to enter Sarawak. — DayakDaily