Follow and subscribe to DayakDaily on Telegram for faster news updates.
KUCHING, Feb 21: Eight senior management government officers were honoured at the Heads of Departments Retirement Ceremony held in conjunction with the State Cabinet meeting at the lounge of Wisma Bapa Malaysia here today.
Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg, who graced the occasion, presented each one of them with a plaque from the state government as a token of appreciation and gratitude for the services rendered during their tenure.
The senior officers are:
1. Former Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Research Datu Sudarsono Osman, who has served for 40 years.
2. Former Sarawak State Executive Council executive secretary Datu Sutin Shamat (38 years in service).
3. Former State Welfare Department director Abang Shamsudin Abang Seruji (37 years in service).
4. Former Sarawak Museum Department director Ipoi Datan (36 years in service).
5. Former Sarawak Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) general manager Datu Soedirman Aini (23 years in service).
6. Former Deputy State Financial Secretary Datu Laura Lee Ngien Hion (22 years in service).
7. Former State Accountant of State Treasury Datu Jumastapha Lamat (22 years in service).
8. Former Deputy Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Industrial Development and Entrepreneurship (MIED) Samat Junai (10 years in service).
State Secretary Tan Sri Datuk Amar Mohamad Morshidi Abdul Ghani, Human Resources Unit director Ismail Mohamad Hanis as well as representatives from the Chief Minister’s Department and other Cabinet members were present. — DayakDaily