18 people homeless after fire razes home in Pujut 1

The house in Jalan Pujut 1 in Miri are seen being completely engulfed by the flame.

MIRI, Jan 23: An early morning fire caused by a candle left four families homeless after their quarters in Pujut 1 was destroyed today.

State Fire and Rescue department (Bomba) operation center in a statement said they received a call regarding the incident at 12.28am. Nine firefighters from Bomba Lopeng were deployed to the scene.

No casualties were reported in the fire incident which affected 18 people, including ten children.

“Operation commander reported that a house in Jalan Pujut 1 was completely destroyed in the incident and firefighters proceeded to extinguish the flame from spreading to the other surrounding areas,” the statement said.

Bomba carried out the overhaul process, and the whole operation ended at 1.10 am.

The total loss is still under investigation. —DayakDaily.

Two firefighters are seen extinguishing the flame that razed the house.

Share this article!